What is Unity Wellness Center of East Alabama?
Based in Auburn, AL, the Unity Wellness Center (UWC) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) and Lee County United Way agency. UWC exists to serve the needs of the community members in Lee, Macon, Russell, Chambers and Tallapoosa Counties with a few extended services in Coosa, Clay, Talladega, and Randolph Counties.
Our purpose is to:
- Provide services to individuals and families infected or affected by HIV
- Advocate on behalf of persons who are HIV-positive or living with AIDS
- Conduct outreach and education efforts for a wide variety of targeted populations and locations.
Services provided by UWC include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Case management as well as access to medical care
- Access to the Alabama Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) and Compassionate Use Programs for HIV
- Family and Transitional Housing Programs as well as rental and utility assistance
- Variety of education and awareness programs and events
- Oral Fluid HIV-antibody Testing
To learn more about our history, please go to the Our History page.